Don’t underestimate the power of sleep.
Did you know not getting enough sleep can impair your immunity causing you to get sick more often, create constant low grade inflammation, increase your risk of cancer, heart disease, diabetes and even make you fatter!
Most of us need between 7-9 hours of shut eye a night, with those getting 6 hours or less facing the increased risk of disease.
Here are some tips to hep you fall out faster!
- Wake up and go to bed at the same time every day, even on weekends.
- Limit your intake of alcohol, caffeine, and tobacco products during the day, especially in the hours before sleep.
- Finish eating 2 to 3 hours before bedtime, avoiding big meals.
- Exercise regularly. Finish your exercise a few hours before bedtime.
- Eliminate napping or limit the duration to 20 to 30 minutes.
Create the Best Possible Sleep Environment
- Remove electronics like computers and televisions from your room.
- Keep the room cool, comfortable, quiet, and dark.
- Use a comfortable mattress and pillows.
- Use the bed only for sleep and intimacy.
Prepare for Sleep
- Establish a relaxing bedtime routine: take a bath, read a book, bask in candlelight and stare peacefully into the flame, listen to relaxing music before bed.
- Don’t watch the clock—it can cause anxiety about sleep.
- Get out of bed if you can’t fall asleep within 15 to 20 minutes. Only spend time in bed when you are actually sleeping.
- Write down concerns that keep you awake, creating a “to do” list for tomorrow. Also keep a sleep journal to help you see patterns in your sleep.
Let aromatherapy relax you-we love our Lavanilla scented natural wax candles, but really you can use any fragrance you love.
Share your tips for a peace filled night, what helps you drift off to dreamland?