* 4 tart green apples
* 1/2 cup brown sugar
* 4 tablespoons butter
* 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Scoop out the core from top of the apple, leaving a well.
3. Stuff each apple with a premixed amount of 2 tablespoons brown sugar and 1 tablespoon butter. Add a handful of walnuts or pecans if desired. Place in a shallow baking dish that has a layer of water in the bottom, Sprinkle apples and water with nutmeg and a generous amount of cinnamon.
4. Bake at 350 for 20 min. covered with foil and then for another 10 min. uncovered.
5. Finally, serve in bowl with the caramel/nut sauce around base of each apple. Vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt in the center drizzled with caramel ice cream topping is another incredible addition.
This is one of my favorite winter night snacks…I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
Love, Laughter & Candlelight!