Do you get tired of trying to come up with quick, low calorie, healthy yummy ideas for dinner? Well, so do I – this recipe is as good as I hoped!
I wanted to share it with you.
4 servings, about 1 1/2 cups each
- 1 pound 93%-lean ground beef
- 2 large red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 16-ounce jar green salsa, green enchilada sauce or taco sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 15-ounce can pinto or kidney beans, rinsed
- Cook beef, bell pepper and onion in a large saucepan over medium heat, crumbling the meat with a wooden spoon, until the meat is browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Add garlic, chili powder; cook until fragrant, about 15 seconds. Stir in salsa (or sauce) and water; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in beans and cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
Per serving : 307 Calories; 8 g Fat; 3 g Sat; 3 g Mono; 64 mg Cholesterol; 29 g Carbohydrates; 27 g Protein; 6 g Fiber; 516 mg Sodium; 641 mg Potassium
1 1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 vegetable, 3 lean meat
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Reheat just before serving.
- We serve ours over baked tortilla chips. Rice would be yummy too! And a side of Cornbread if I dare to dream.
Love, Laughter & Candlelight!