For a quick, healthy dinner on a cold night try Stracciatella!
Stracciatella comes from the Italian word stracciato meaning ragged or shredded…
- You begin with a pot of 6 cups Chicken Broth (you can use Veggie Broth too!)
- 3 large Eggs (more if you wish to use only eggwhites)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped Italian parsley
- a generous handful of chopped fresh Spinach.
- freshly grated Nutmeg (just a pinch)
- Sea Salt and Fresh Black Pepper to taste.
Bring the broth to boil in a saucepan. Combine eggs, parsley, cheese and nutmeg whisk together in a separate bowl.
Whisk the mixture into the boiling stock and reduce heat to low. Continue to whisk for 3 to 4 minutes. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and divide evenly among 6 warmed soup bowls. Serve immediately, topped with more grated cheese if desired. This is also delicious if you float a slice of garlic rubbed toasted baguette bread on top! You could add more veggies or mushrooms too!
Love, Laughter & Candlelight!