You may not be familiar with this incredible oil, but helichrysum oil is known for its ability to relieve mental exhaustion, stress, and mild depression.
Plus, it stimulates the right hemisphere of the brain, which enhances artistic and creative expression. With a strong fruity/straw scent, light yellow to red color and thin texture, this aromatic herb makes a low-key but highly effective remedy for stomach spasms, allergies, and excess water retention.
This essential oil can help heal stretch marks, skin blemishes, and scars due to wounds, boils, and rashes. Muscle aches and pains as well as digestive issues are relieved when the oil is diluted in a bath or inhaled during aromatherapy.
A few drops of helichrysum oil and rose hip oil can banish acne and heal wounds with minimal scarring. Some loyal users claim it reduces signs of aging by keeping the skin smooth and wrinkle free.
A few drops of the oil on burns as soon after the incident as possible will speed up the healing process. When impact injuries occur, apply the oil as quickly as possible to reduce swelling and reduce the healing time. Helichrysum oil is the only essential oil that contains di-ketones, which play a major role in scar tissue reduction and skin healing.
Helichrysum essential oil therapeutic properties:
- Anti-Spasmodic: Helps in relieving headaches, migraines, asthma, bronchitis and irritable bowels.
- Anti-Haematoma: Helps in dissolving blood clots and aids healing of the surrounding tissues.
- Anti-Inflammatory: Very effective in treating cuts, burns, infections and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Cicatrisant: This property makes your wounds and cuts heal and scars disappear. It is equally effective on spots left on your skin by pox, boils, etc.
- Cytophylactic: It encourages recycling of dead cell and production of new cells. This property can be particularly beneficial for skin care, especially when used in rejuvenating facial oils.
- Relaxant and Anti-Depressant: Curbs negative emotions and stimulates positive thoughts and actions.