Just made this easy delicious Crab Nacho recipe for my Mermaid so I thought I’d share… hope you like it as much as we did!
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 1 Lb. cups lump crab meat (fresh is best, but imitation as well as canned can work)
- 1 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers – or – 2 tbsp. canned mild green chilies
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. seasoning salt
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- tortilla or pita chips
- a dollop of sour cream, diced table onion, and black olive to garnish (optional)
In a medium microwave safe bowl combine crab, cream cheese and seasonings. Stir gently and microwave at 30 second intervals till warm. Line an oven proof plate with chips, spoon on the crab mix and top with cheese…pop into the oven to melt cheese and sever warm and gooey. Share and feast!
*As a side note you can add anything YOU like to make great variations…limes, shrimp, veggies, cabbage…get creative!
Love, Laughter & Candlelight!