This coming fall season I hope we can help you fall in love with the transformational and earthy scent of Essential Oils.
Natural oils are something we wish to promote and offer as a valuable option to the chemical laden scents on the market today. Nature’s Essential oils smell wonderful AND they can aid healing, help balance emotions and transform mood with just a few sniffs!
Everyone loves to get a massage, but sometimes we forget how healing simple touch can be.
Ancient people knew of the skin balancing and healing use of Essential Oils, it seems to me we should re-learn some of these natural tricks instead of our chemical and process laden drugstore offerings.
Here is a quick easy recipe for a Foot Soak we love that you can do at home yourself. It feels blissful during these hot merciless end of summer days!
You will need: Neroli, Lavender & Chamomile essential oils. (Can be purchased online or at your local health food store).
Add 4-8 drops of each oil to a large bowl filled with water. Stir the water to mix the oils. Soak your feet for 15 minutes to give your skin time to absorb some of these wonderful oils and relax!
Love, Laughter & Candlelight!
If you want to learn about Aromatherapy and are interested in starting to collect Essential Oils for your own use, Lavender is where you want to start! Talk about a hard working multipurpose essential oil, lavender is king! ♛
Lavender essential oil has soothing, calming, antiseptic and restorative properties. Lavender is considered the multi purpose oil, is readily used neat, (undiluted) and combines well with almost all other oils for a wide variety of benefits.
Lavender Essential Oil Physical Benefits and Effects…
- Skin care – especially dry or acne prone skin-I use this on my daughter for her eczema.
- Natural Antibacterial – Lavender has a minimum inhibitory concentration of 0.32% against staphylococcus aureas. (in the presence of 0.32% of the oil this organism cannot grow). I even add some to the water I mop my floors with.
- Headaches – rub a drop or two on the temples for tension migraine relief.
- Burns – The cooling, soothing and skin restorative effects are good for anti-inflammatory sunburn care. Documented use as an emergency care for heatstroke until medical personnel can arrive. I keep a bottle in the kitchen because I *always* burn myself cooking.
- Insect Repellent/Bites and Stings – Repel bugs and takes the sting away from bites.
- Blood Pressure and Heart – Soothes heart palpitations and lowers blood pressure because of anti-stress properties
- Congestion/Asthma – Anti-spasmodic and anti-inflammatory effects make lavender good for respiratory support. Suitable for use with children as well.
- Dandruff – Stimulating and moisturizing effects help with hair shine and dry scalp.
Lavender & your Mood…
- Antidepressant – Lavender is a well-documented antidepressant essential oil.
- Refreshing and Uplifting – Can help balance mood swings and PMS symptoms
- Anti-Stress – Calming and soothing effects help counteract stress hormones
- Insomnia – A mild sedative effect for restless or anxious nights
Cautions for Using Lavender: There are very few precautions with the use of lavender essential oils. High quality organic lavender essential oils are best.
We love ours mixed with some Madagascar Vanilla Essential Oil and added to our Organic Coconut wax Candles!
- Tappan’s Handbook of Healing Massage Techniques by Tappan and Benjamin. 4th Edition.
- Aromatherapy Massage by Clare Maxwell-Hudson
- Aromatherapy: Scent and Psyche by Peter and Kate Damian
- Aromatherapy for Health Professionals by Len Price and Shirley Price