Here is a delicious quick recipe from my Gran. (yes, that is really her picture).
This picture/article is from a magazine my brother Vince is working on for (discoverthepass.com). Check out their site for lots of cool local business info and history!
Millie’s Pasta Carbonara
- 1 lb. pasta dry or fresh (preferably fresh)
- 2 eggs
- 7 chopped fresh basil leaves
- 4 cloves of garlic chopped
- 16oz. pancetta (Italian bacon)
- 8oz. shaved Parmesan cheese
- 8 oz. canned peas (optional) *I add sauteed mushrooms to mine instead*
Pan fry pancetta, garlic, basil and peas/mushrooms in 2 tablespoons of olive oil until cooked. Boil pasta then drain completely. Then while pasta is still steaming hot add the eggs and parmesan and stir for one minute. After stirring add the pancetta, basil and garlic mixture. Fold lightly and serve.
Love, Laughter & Candlelight!