★Ceviche is the coastal regions of Central and Southern America’s version of Sushi. (Although I made my Ceviche with fully cooked fish…)
I tend to approach cooking like my grandmother’s did…recipes are only “guidelines” so feel free to tweak this to your tastes.
How did I make mine?
- 1 lb. fresh but fully cooked tiny shrimp,
- 8 oz. crab meat-fresh is best, but canned is fine too.
(traditional Ceviche calls for any raw local FRESH fish thinly sliced and “cooked” in the citrus juice, but not many in my household do raw fish so I went with cooked instead).
- 2 finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 finely chopped red onion
- 1 sour orange juiced
- 3 limes juiced
- 1 large handful organic chopped cilantro
- 2 organic carrots finely diced
- 2 fresh avocados finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno finely diced
- lime and extra avocado to garnish.
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic, diced